Wisconsin Golfer features La Crosse golf in this issue (see Page 22),
so it’s a good time to look back at the way the game used to be
played in the city. This photo, circa 1905, shows golfers below
Granddad’s Bluff at Schaghticoke CC, which later became La Crosse
CC and is now Forest Hills GC. Inset photo: A player takes aim over
the railroad tracks which have always been part of the course.